The 3rd PARLA CLARIN Workshop on creating, enriching and using Parliamentary Corpora will be held as part of the 13th edition of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2022), at the Palais du Pharo, Marseille, France, on 20 June 2022.
Parliamentary data is an important source of scholarly and socially relevant content, serving as a verified communication channel between the elected political representatives and members of the society. The development of accessible, comprehensive and well-annotated parliamentary corpora is therefore crucial for the information society, as such corpora help scientists and investigative journalists to ascertain the accuracy of socio-politically relevant information, and to inform the citizens about the trends and insights on the basis of such data explorations. Research-wise, parliamentary corpora are a quintessential resource for a number of disciplines in digital humanities and social sciences, such as political science, sociology, history, and (socio)linguistics.
This third ParlaCLARIN workshop is a continuation of the 2018 and 2020 editions held at the respective LREC conferences aiming to bring together developers, curators and researchers of regional, national and international parliamentary debates from across diverse disciplines in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Topics of interest include:
- Creation and annotation of parliamentary data in textual and spoken format
- Enrichment of parliamentary data with semantic and named entity tagging
- Querying and visualisation of parliamentary data
- Text mining over parliamentary and other political language data
- Harmonization of multilingual parliamentary resources
- Adoptions or extensions of the Parla-CLARIN and ParlaMint schema to other parliamentary resources
- Comparative studies of parliamentary corpora
- Parliamentary corpora as a source of political language
- Diachronic studies based on parliamentary corpora
- Studies of parliamentary corpora with particular focus on the debates dedicated to global crises, such as COVID pandemic, climate crisis
- The potential of parliamentary resources beyond academia
Paper submission deadline: 25 March 2022
More information about the ParlaCLARIN III Workshop (LREC2022) and the submission of papers can be found here.